We offer a variety of STEAM Field Trips for K-12 All field trips are designed to meet Next Generation Science Standards.
Robotics: Explore alien worlds, design and build new gadgets, learn how to build and code robots. The Dream Discovery Center has three different styles of robots for any age student.
- LEGO Mindstorms (Grades 5-12)
- Inrodution to Robotics: Build an EV3 robot, learn to code it, and tackle one of our obstacle courses
- Gearheads: Learn about gears and gear ratios in this Mindstorms mathematics lesson.
- LEGO Wedo 2.0 (Grades 1-5)
- Introduction to Robotics Wedo 2.0: Build one of our many Wedo 2.0 themed projects, learn to code the robot and complete missions.
- Ozobot (Grades K-6)
- Introduction to Robotics Ozobot Style: Learn how to use color to code and complete missions with Ozobot bit.
- Ozobot Strength: Plan and design an investigation to determine how much mass an Ozobot can push or pull.
Engineering Design: What do engineers do? Learn how engineers design new products and the design process in one of our exciting design challenges.
- Hovercraft Challenge:
- Build and test CD Hovercraft
- Automotive Challenge:
- Design and test a variety of cars using a variety of materials. (can be adapted for different age students)
- Toy Boat:
- Design and test, and retest boats
Science: Explore exciting phenomena in a hands on, minds on approach to learning science.
- Roller Coaster
- Build roller coasters to explore different types of energy
- The Wave:
- Create models of transverse waves, exploring amplitude, wavelength and frequency.
- We Fall Down:
- Participate in gravity races to explore this often misunderstood concept.
- Zip Line Express
- How does a zip line work? What forces act on objects going down zip line? Study friction and center of gravity as you build and experiment model ziplines.
Don’t see what your looking for?
We are creating new programs weekly. Please contact us and our staff will customize a program for you needs.
We can also bring some of our programs to your school. Contact us for availability.